Transfer Credits

Official educational records must be sent directly to The University of Tulsa from your previous institution(s). Please request that all colleges and universities which you have attended send an official transcript directly to International Student Services at The University of Tulsa. Certified English translations are required for any transcripts issued in a different language. The translations must be exact, word-for-word translations of the official document(s).

Students who have completed an application for undergraduate admission and have submitted official college and university transcripts may request a transfer credit evaluation to determine the number of credits the university will award for study at previous institutions. Please see the General Transfer Credit Guidelines to understand how courses previously taken might be considered for transfer credit. It is important to note that the final 45 credit hours must be completed at TU in order to receive a University of Tulsa degree. Students who have attended another college or university in the U.S. and have 60 semester hours of academic credit are not required to supply secondary school documents.

Transfer applicants must be in good standing at the institution last attended. Students who have been dismissed or suspended from any college or university cannot be considered for admission until one calendar year has elapsed. Credit earned at another college or university during the dismissal period will not be applied for credit toward a degree from The University of Tulsa unless approved by the readmitting dean. Transfer students who were previously enrolled at the University of Tulsa and were dismissed must petition the dean of their college of enrollment for readmission.