In order to be considered for admission, the following items must be received.
- International Application for Admission – Forms can be completed online, or applicants may download a paper form from this website.
- Nonrefundable application fee of $50. This may be paid with check or money order made payable to ‘The University of Tulsa’ or online via credit card.
- Original or certified copies of all secondary (high school) transcripts, as well as post-secondary transcripts from all institutions attended (if any). If transcripts are not issued in English, submit a certified English translation along with documents in the original language. Failure to submit transcripts from all institutions attended may result in denial or cancellation of admission offer, or dismissal from the university. Students who have attended another college or university and have 60 semester hours of academic credit are not required to supply secondary school documents.
- A photocopy of the personal data page of your passport.
- If you are studying A Levels, International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, or Advanced Placement courses, please submit official scores or results to be considered for college credit based on qualifying exam scores.
- A completed Confirmation of Financial Resources (digital or printable form). This requirement applies to all applicants who are not United States Citizens or who are not holding permanent resident visas at the time they apply for admission. Proof of financial support for 1 year of study and living expenses must be on file at The University of Tulsa before final admission is granted.
- Evidence of English proficiency: a thorough knowledge of written and spoken English is essential for successful study at The University of Tulsa. All international students wishing to enroll in academic classes must provide proof of English proficiency.
Additional Components (Recommended)
- Counselor or teacher recommendation letters
- Personal essay
- SAT or ACT scores
Original scores must be sent directly from the testing organization. To send SAT scores from ETS our institution code is 6883. To send ACT scores our institution code is 3444.
The University of Tulsa offers two interview options for international students:
- Personal interview with TU admissions representative – as time allows, we can connect with you via phone, Skype, FaceTime, WeChat, or WhatsApp. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your interview.
- InitialView – we accept interviews completed through InitialView. InitialView is an organization that conducts and records an unscripted interview and proctors a short writing sample for international applicants to US universities. InitialView does not rate or grade the interview/writing sample; all evaluation is done by our admission office. You can sign up for your interview at www.initialview.com.